May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first official Mother's Day! Ky says that it is my second because I was pregnant last year, but I think this one was officially number one. I am so blessed to have my little family. We kept it pretty low key, just spent the day together. We slept in late, had lunch at Denny's, and then came home and played Band Hero. Ky got me a pick electric Snap-On screw driver (yeah I know, it is really useful around the house though) :) and Cameron got me a cute pink heart necklace that says MOM. I love it! I also went with my sister Stephanie to take our little sister Melanie out driving. She did pretty good, but there were a few times I thought I might throw up lol! I can't believe she is almost 17. She was the baby of our family for so long and I forget that she is growing up and going to be a senior next year. We also went out on Saturday and took pictures of the little kids for my mom. Jason 5, Madi 3, Devin 2, and Cameron 10 months. My sister-in-law Jillena just started to get into photography so i thought that it would be good practice for her to do a shoot with a group of little kids. There is a really cute little park in central that we thought would be good be cause it is green and there isn't ever anyone there. Well with little kids that was probably the worst idea. All they wanted to do was play and didn't want anything to do with pictures! LOL! Somehow Jillena ended up with some really cute pictures. My little sister Liesl also got some pretty cute ones. So printed a few of them out and put them in a frame for my mom and she loves them. :) We also got a really cute little heart necklace that you open and put the birthstones of the family in for my mother-in-law, which she also liked. All in all it was a pretty nice day! I love my mom and my MIL more than they know! They have both helped us so much through the years in different ways and I don't know what we would do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment